Saturday, April 21, 2012

The First Five


I have a list of books that I recommend everyone in the world should read that I think would benefit them as I have benefited. I feel a desire to share pearls of great price when I find them, that is why I made this list. As a disclaimer there are books or parts of books that might be seen as controversial but as no one can pass through this life on the green side of the fence in peace and ease so each of us needs to understand the thoughts of those around us, whether good or bad or ugly. To some ignorance is bliss but you can never give your opinion on a case you've never heard of. You can never say you are good if you do not know what is bad. My plead is that you read them with an open mind and try to understand why and what people believe, you might perfect your opinion or side with theirs. Either way, you should find something in these books that you will enjoy, if nothing else you will have a good quiet evening read.
Without further adieu, (in no particular order)

The Once and Future King-T.H. White
Illusions-Richard Bach
One-Richard Bach
Atlas Shrugged-Ayn Rand
The Last Lecture-Randy Pausch

Future posts will include new books.

JCM

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am a fan of Ayn Rand. I haven't read Atlas Shrugged yet, but I have read a couple others by her. Anthem is my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete